November 12, 2021
I decided to build a new room in the house. It used to be a spare bedroom, but it hasn’t been used in a very long time. It makes more sense as a useable room and well, I’ve wanted a library for a very long time.
I knew what the library needed, but had no idea where to get it. The furniture I was looking for had to give strong Victorian/museum vibes, and nothing like that is available in the marketplace today.
Have you ever wanted something unique? Something you couldn’t find anywhere? Maybe it was in your grandparents’ house. Maybe you only saw it in a dream.
This room needed things that were unusual. Unique. Ethereal. Every home does! (Especially mine)
Yesterday, someone delivered a cherry wood bookcase with a cabinet underneath that weighs about half a million pounds. Today, we found a couple of wingback chairs being offered completely for free! …but we had to pick them up.
And pick them up we did. Since it wasn’t a far walk, we carried them on our heads. Here we are bringing the chairs home. On the bright side, we had something to sit on when we got tired! Stay tuned for the room itself, once I’ve got it finished!
Comments
Post a Comment